Electrics and Government Regulations

Getting an MOT on your home electrics is always a good idea.  However unless your home is less than 9 years old or has been rewired in the last 5 years you will soon have to update your electric system in line with imminent new government regulations. The new RCD consumer units minimise the chance of electrical faults starting a fire and the government is changing the law to ensure that all homes have a new style unit fitted.  In the meantime you should be aware that an old style fusebox could invalidate your home insurance for fire claims.

Getting your electrics tested and updated is not yet a legal requirement and you can save money by getting the work done now before it becomes compulsory. Having the unit changed is a quick, clean no fuss job which must be carried out by a Part P registered and qualified electrician to be valid.

For a free quote and very competitive price, contact  JC Electricals  today.